Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Employer Review: Trilogy Financial

And then... there was flim flam.

My hopes and enthusiasm high, I arrived for my group interview at Trilogy Financial. They wasted twenty of my minutes pompously proporting the recent growth of their company, and describing the positive experience they had working for Trilogy.

Then came the description of our training process. They charge their applicants $823 to get certified to work for their company, and then decide if they're going to hire you.

Wait... what?

That's right, you pay nearly $1000 for the possibility of working for them.

I looked around the room and counted 10 of us sitting there. They looked around the room and saw $8,230 sitting in front of them.

They even had the audacity to ask "why would we ask that you invest the $823 instead of us paying it?"

The group responded "To prove our commitment to having a career with Trilogy".

That's when they lost me. Prove my commitment? No, my dear, it's time for you to prove your commitment to me. I spent four years of my life proving my commitment to my career. Now it's time for a company to prove its commitment and invest something in me.

I may not have the highest standards while I look for a job, but it completely unconscionable to work for a company that refuses to invest even the slightest bit in their employees.

If they were truly looking for financial consultants, they would spend the resources towards finding those people who they were confident in and investing in helping those people ace the test. Not finding the most gullible among us and asking for $823.

I'm afraid my hunt continues.

Better things to come tomorrow, hopefully.

Best regards,
Elizabeth Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment