Friday, October 15, 2010

Method 1: Job Postings, Method 3: Networking

After searching through every one of these twenty sites you see on the right of your screen, I was only able to find one (yes, that's right ONE) position that I was:
1. Eligible for and
2. Interested in.

It's an associate manager position with a fairly well known gaming entertainment company, and the position's description sounded like it was right up my alley.  I filled out the requisite application information, and sent in my resume.

Turns out, Henk met one of the engineers for this company on his plane ride over here.  He agreed to do a little networking for me and send in my resume via email.

Very nice because the submission form on the site nuked all of my formatting.

The hunt continues, but it's nice to know that I know someone who knows someone for the first time since the beginning of my search.

Best regards,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment