Sunday, October 17, 2010

Method 6: Preparation for the Fair

The Long Beach Job Fair is tomorrow! In preparation, I am devising my 'elevator introductions', or the thirty second to one minute self-introduction meant to convince a potential employer that I just might be the right person for the job.

According to an article on wikiHow (numerous authors) the process starts with five 'star's, or situation/task, action and result.  These should be descriptive of my greatest personal and professional accomplishments.

Once those are worked out, reduce them to one paragraph each.  From there, analyze for any theme(s) that comes across from each.  Decide which themes to emphasize, and focus those answers that are most applicable towards those themes.

Finally, reduce it all to less than 350 words.  (Because the article is geared towards how to answer a question in an interview setting rather than a job fair, I will try for 150 words or less)

No comments:

Post a Comment